- Directed by a job force for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, FBI agents reportedly robbed the personal island of Jeffrey Epstein, the investor implicated of sexual misconduct.
- The island, Little Saint James, is located between the islands of St. Thomas and St. John in the Virgin Islands.
- One witness, who sailed past the island, explained the scene to INSIDER.
- The search was stated to have actually taken place Monday morning regional time, two days after Epstein passed away in an evident suicide while being kept in federal prison on charges of sex trafficking and conspiracy to devote sex trafficking.
- See Company Expert’s homepage for more stories.
FBI representatives from New York raided the late investor Jeffrey Epstein’s personal island in the Caribbean on Monday morning local time, according to a report from NBC News.
The search was led by a job force for the US Lawyer’s Office for the Southern District of New York, according to NBC News Epstein was found dead in an obvious suicide 2 days earlier while being held in federal jail on charges of sex trafficking and conspiracy to commit sex trafficking.
Two senior law-enforcement officials confirmed the search on the island to NBC News.
Epstein was implicated of sexual misbehavior involving dozens of women over numerous years. Federal prosecutors said this past weekend that the investigation into Epstein’s charges, particularly the conspiracy charge, would continue in spite of his death.
“To those brave girls who have currently come forward and to the lots of others who have yet to do so, let me reiterate that we stay dedicated to meaning you,” Geoffrey Berman, the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York, said in a statement Saturday following Epstein’s death, “and our investigation of the conduct charged in the indictment, that included a conspiracy count, stays continuous.”
Agents from the US lawyer’s office and the FBI in New York City could not be instantly reached by INSIDER for remark.
One witness, who was cruising past the island, explained the scene to INSIDER.
“Our charter guests today got more for their journey than just cruising, tropical fish, and turtles– we sailed practically directly into an FBI raid on Jeffrey Epstein’s Little St James Island,” Kelly Quinn, a captain for Salty Canine Day Sails, wrote in an email to EXPERT.
Check Out more: Why did Jeffrey Epstein develop a temple on his personal island?
Quinn composed that as the boat was “rolling up the jib and dropping the main, we experienced FBI representatives offloading from a boat and organizing, paying out onto the island and what appeared to be a raid with about 15- ish officers from different police, specifically the FBI.”
Quinn likewise said it had been an “fascinating number of years” for the charter-boat company, having made it through the hurricanes Irma and Maria and “not working for 18 months” while rebuilding from them– and now getting to see “this Jeffrey Epstein circumstance unfold in front of our eyes on the world stage.”
- Find Out More:
- Jeffrey Epstein passed away by apparent suicide in prison. Here’s whatever we understand about the convicted sex transgressor’s past, well-known connections, and his lawsuit.
- Trump just spread a baseless conspiracy theory about Jeffrey Epstein’s death
- Jeffrey Epstein died in jail by obvious suicide. Here’s what his death implies for his accusers.
- Apprehension and conspiracy theories are plentiful after Jeffrey Epstein’s evident suicide in prison