- Prince William and Kate Middleton showed their competitive sides on Thursday as they participated in a cruising race for charity off England’s Isle of Wight.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were signed up with by stars to raise loan for their patronages.
- While neither William nor Middleton actually won the tournament, William managed to beat the duchess, who wound up getting disqualified.
- “It’s the participating that counts,” the duke composed in an Instagram post.
- See INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were more lovable than ever as they fought it out throughout charity sailing race on Thursday.
After an initial incorrect start, Middleton’s boat was disqualified for not going back to the starting line, meaning the duchess completed in last location.
William beat his spouse, finishing in third place overall. The survivalist Bear Grylls, who sailed for the wildlife company, Tusk, came first.
It’s reasonable to say the duchess was a little bit of an aching loser, as she was imagined holding her head in her hands after the race.
William, on the other hand, seemed amused by his wife’s defeat.
“It’s the taking part that counts,” the couple wrote on their official Instagram account.
Somehow, we do not think it was Middleton who developed that caption.
While Grylls was awarded the King’s Cup, Middleton was handed a wood spoon for her efforts.
On the other hand, the set’s daughter, Princess Charlotte, amused the waiting crowds by standing out her tongue at them rather of waving.
Middleton, together with the fans, couldn’t help but make fun of the sweet minute.
Our Royal Expert Facebook group is the very best location for current news and announcements about the British royal household, direct from Insider’s royal reporters. Sign Up With here.